This passage is Jesus' farewell address. He gives us his last words to his friends. He will not see another sunset, that makes these words wildly intentional and purposeful. Let's respond to them as such.
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you.
• Jesus had an intimate relationship with the Father.
• How does the Spirit continue this type of relationship with you?
• In what specific ways does the Holy Spirit inform your relationship God and with others?
1) "Jesus doesn't promise that the Holy Spirit will control us. He says He will guide us...Life would be much easier if the Holy Spirit would take control of me." - Charles Stanley
The Guide goes with you. He knows where you're going.
Do you let him guide you or do you wish the Spirit would simply control you?
Which areas of temptation do you wish he would just take over?
2) The Spirit is a guide that leads us in good news.
The truth is God's word to deepen our understanding of Jesus.
Do you go to the Word to help you walk in daily life?
Does the Bible make sense to you as a resource for all guiding truth?
How can you grow in confidence in this area?
Commit to joining our church family for 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
CHURCH WIDE FOCUS: "A Building and Breakthrough"
FAST FROM THIS — Wednesday skip a meal or two with us.
PRAY THROUGH THIS — "For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. ... For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you." 2 Corinthians 13:4
ASK FOR THIS — Personal repentance and regional revival.