What would you say you do here?
The Broadcast Video Intern works with our Communications + Media Lead to execute our livestream video and media production on Sundays with efficiency, creativity and excellence. Each week you will prepare media content that enhances our on-stage and online communication and play a key role in making our gatherings effective both in-person and online, through video experiences that minister to over seven hundred people each week. Along the way you will gain a skillset fit for video production in the professional and church-world, and become proficient in building a video rig, camera operation, broadcast direction, and video presentation software.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- You have a passion for Jesus, the church, and video production.
- You love video and camera technology, and executing an excellent creative plan.
- You are an owner of our church’s vision, and resonate with the culture and values of Reach Church.
- You are a creative person that loves both art and order. You innovate within limitations and create beauty using technology.
- You are a people person and empower your teammates with encouragement and clear communication.
- You have a natural intuition with technology, a mind that understands systems, and a gift for troubleshooting.
- You pursue a collaborative culture and are humble in both giving and receiving constructive coaching.
- You are hard working and pursue excellence. You don’t leave a job unfinished, and are hesitant to settle for ‘good enough’. You don’t have a need to be the best, but you want to give your best.
Experience & Education:
- You have both a functional and artistic interest in video broadcast production, including camera gear, video switchers, audio/video signal flow, and more. (As in: You’ve never done something as big and cool as Bethel Music’s video production, but you have a basic idea of how they do it, and what makes it great.)
- College or early-post grad age.
- Preferred: You have experience using ProPresenter software to both prepare and display slide and video content. We use the most advanced features and workflows this software offers.
- Preferred: You have experience and familiarity with BlackMagic cameras and video switchers.
- Preferred: You are pursuing a degree/career in video or in production for the church. Experience and familiarity with BlackMagic cameras and video switchers.
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously. We rage against ego here! You find your identity in Jesus and are not insecure or easily offended by honest feedback.
- Your punctuality is a promise. You always show up on time and treat others’ schedules with honor.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Prepare and Execute our Sunday Broadcast Production
- Immerse yourself in our workflows. Receive thorough training on our mid-week preparation, setup/teardown process, video rig signal flow, creative approach to broadcast production, and more.
- Create and organize all of our Sunday slide content: includes our song lyrics, sermon slides, speaker titles, photos and announcements slides, and more.
- Edit and publish the previous week’s sermon video.
- Depending on your capacity, you may gain experience scheduling our Production Team on Planning Center.
Execute our Sunday Broadcast Production
- You’re present from roll-in to roll-out, setting up our video gear, calibrating and troubleshooting, syncing up with the team, executing our services, and then tearing down.
- Depending on your capacity, you may gain experience leading the Production Team yourself each Sunday.
Partner with our Communications + Worship/Gatherings Teams
- Be present at our weekly Gatherings Planings meetings to gain a clear vision for Sunday’s service, and celebrate and suggest improvements from the previous Sunday.
- A weekly 1:1 meeting with the Communications + Media Lead to learn our workflows, sharpen your skills, and improve your workflow each week.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Broadcast Production Intern will work 7:00AM to 1:00PM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 5 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Broadcast Production Intern will report to the Communications + Media Lead, Stephen Garcia.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 8 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2022 - April 2023.
Additional Expectations: The Broadcast Production Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.