- Do you love creative ways to inspire, encourage and teach people through media?
- Do you get inspired by well-crafted copywriting, and telling micro-stories through photo/video?
- Have you wanted to be part of a creative and collaborative environment, where we're always experimenting to up our game?
What would you say you do here?
The Communications + Social Media Intern will play a vital role at Reach by moving forward our day-to-day mission: to Be the Church and Reach the City. People are at a service on Sunday for 1 hour a week—you help reach them during the other 167. Through social media, email and our website/app channels, you’ll carry out our Communication Team’s mission to equip disciples, connect people to community, and create good things that reflect a good God. You will grow in skills including social media content curation/publishing, and marketing calendar management. You’ll also gain marketing experience, learning the voice of an organization by practicing copywriting and content strategy.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- You have an eye for special moments and stories. You know ‘human moments’ translate best to social media, and take the opportunity to capture them.
- You have a strong attention to detail. No typos here. You check your work twice.
- You value simple, clear communication and not burying-the-lead.
- You love both art and order. You love to be creative and try new things to see what works. You pick up new skills quickly, and understand planning/strategy.
- You pursue a collaborative culture and are humble in both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- You are hard working and pursue excellence. You don’t leave a job unfinished, and are hesitant to settle for ‘good enough’. You don’t have a need to be the best, but you want to give your best.
- You are an owner of our church’s vision, and resonate with the culture and values of Reach Church.
Experience & Education:
- Ideally, you are pursuing an education or career field related to Communications/Marketing, etc.
- You can write stories and invitations compellingly and with clarity. We are looking for someone whose writing needs minimal editing.
- You are intutive with technology and can eaily pick up detailed digital workflows from written or video tutorials.
- Preferred: You have experience creating and editing short-form video clips and know what works in today's world of video-first economy.
- Preferred: You have notable copywriting experience (email, captions, web, etc.)
- Preferred: You are well-versed in social media. You have personal or professional experience with effective social media strategies, and you know a bit of what has always worked, and the state of what’s currently working in the world of socials.
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously. We rage against ego here! You find your identity in Jesus and are not insecure or easily offended.
- Your punctuality is a promise. You always show up on time and treat others’ schedules with honor.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
- Learn our voice and execute on our brand through our day-to-day content creating and publishing, including short-form video, email content, social media, and more.
- Proactively manage communication publishing in keeping with our trimester communication plan (TCP). Prepare a posting calendar one month in advance, and gather and schedule content (media and copy) one week in advance.
- Curate content for both the visual and written content used to tell stories of what God is doing. Learn to edit and design graphics.
- Help brainstorm campaign ideas and make improvements to our general strategy.
- Tell the story of our Sunday gatherings by capturing memorable moments and candid photos/videos for posting on our social media.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Social Media Intern will work from 8:30AM to 11:00AM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 8 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Social Media Intern will report to the Communications + Media Lead, Stephen Garcia.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 7 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2023 - April 2024.
Additional Expectations: The Social Media Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.