- Are you interested in hands-on experience planning events?
- Do you feel energized when collaborating with people?
- Do you see the gaps that others might miss?
- If you love creating special moments for people, then this might be the role for you!
What would you say you do here?
The Reach Event Planning Intern will assist in high level planning and execution of church-wide and some staff-led events. The behind the scenes event preparation is what helps our church thrive! From planning welcome lunches to planning baptism logistics, you will be a witness to all of the great things God is doing in our church! We are hopeful that this role will show you the beauty of community, teach you practical event planning skills, and provide you with a safe space to learn and grow.
THE RIGHT FIT
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- Collaborative and confident. Someone who is energized by working with a team and can take initiative when needed.
- Adaptable, ability to change direction when new needs arise.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Someone who can see the gaps that others might have missed.
Experience & Education:
- 1 year of experience working on multiple projects at the same time either a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Fun-loving and curious.
- Not afraid to ask questions and to have fun!
- Teachable, Humble, Collaborative.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the church.
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
What does success look like for this position?
Sunday Gathering (5.5 hrs)
- Help with set-up/tear-down of church services and other Sunday specific events that may be happening (open houses, baptisms, child dedications, etc.).
- Assist with coordinating catering, decor, timelines, and more.
Midweek (3-5 hrs)
- Assist with planning and organizing church-wide and some staff-led events. Some of these are Sunday specific (noted above) and others take place throughout the week (worship nights, volunteer dinners, etc.). You will not be required to attend all of the events you help plan.
- Planning includes (but is not limited to): creating events themes, catering, timelines, event flow, decor, recruiting volunteers when needed, researching venues, and much more!
- Help with executing non-Sunday events: set-up/tear down, coordinating with different church teams to help make the event seamless, etc.
- Attend a weekly 1:1 with the Event Lead.
THE FINE PRINT
Hours: The Reach Event Planning Intern will work 7:45AM to 1PM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 3-5 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Reach Event Planning Intern will report to the Executive Assistant & Office Manager, Anny Ilisoi.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 7 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2023 - April/May 2024.
Additional Expectations: The Reach Event Planning Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.