What would you say you do here?
The Women’s Ministry Intern will be a valuable extension of the Women’s Ministry Lead in the execution of Women’s events, values, and projects. This intern loves Jesus, is creative, has a welcoming heart, and has a passion for creating spaces of connection, equipping, and empowering for the Women of Reach Church. Under the leadership of the Women’s Lead, the intern will partner with members of the volunteer Belonging team, Reach staff members, and other volunteers at Reach to execute The Gathering (our monthly women’s event), social media (@ReachWomen instagram account), spring Bible study, as well as own the mission and vision of Reach Women. The responsibilities of the intern will develop over time to include other responsibilities based on gifting, experience, and ministry needs.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- Passionate: Passionate about discipleship. Time spent in the Word and growing in faith is a top priority for you. You have an active and developing faith that excites you.
- Creative: Has a creative mind to dream up different ways to connect, equip, and empower women in their faith and purpose. You enjoy hosting and creating points of connection for women.
- Discerning: Strong gift of discernment and following the lead of the Holy Spirit in spiritual environments.
- Creative Problem Solver: Loves solving problems and is comfortable in high-energy, high-stress environments.
- Self-Starter: Confident, self-starter and a team builder. Able to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision-making.
Experience & Education:
- 1 year of experience working in a discipleship ministry (youth, women, Alpha, etc.)
- Some experience in event planning preferred but not required
- College aged or early post-grad aged
- Understands and highly values hospitality and welcoming.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the church.
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- Friendly, and enjoys and is skilled in initiating and building relationships.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Uphold All Things Reach Women
- Be a vocal, front-facing leader of Reach Women’s gatherings. You’re the go-to person for maintaining sync between Women’s ministry and other ministries within Reach.
- Run point on The Gathering once at the end of fall trimester and once at the end of spring trimester.
- Partner with Women’s Lead in planning the year end (May/June) Retreat.
- Set up and tear down of Women’s events.
- Weekly connect meeting with Women’s Lead regarding discipleship plans and opportunities for the women. Be ready and willing to participate in discipleship opportunities and the Lord’s leading in connecting, equipping, and empowering the women.
- Partner with the Director of College and Young Adults as well as the Pastor of Community and Discipleship to maintain a pulse on events that overlap with Women. Coordinate with these individuals on potential collaborations between ministries.
Manage and Grow the Reach Women Instagram Account
- Post on social media 2-3 times a week, as well as on Instagram stories most days of the week in the tone and language of the overall Reach Church lexicon.
- Respond to comments and messages within 24 hours using the values and voice of Reach Church social media accounts.
- Pre-plan content together with the Women’s Lead on messages and visuals that fit within the current trimester.
Pray for the Reach Women
- Commit time daily to pray for the Reach Women’s ministry and its mission.
- Share with Women’s Lead what you sense the Holy Spirit is leading in your time of prayer.
Reach Women’s Project
- During the first 2 months of internship, you will meet with the Women’s Lead to brainstorm and develop an internship project idea.
- You will finalize your project idea that you will then own and move forward to completion over the duration of your internship.
- This project will align with your personal skills, giftings, and growth areas. This project will be designed to play to your strengths while also growing and stretching you in other areas.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Women’s Ministry Intern will serve from 8:30AM to 1:00PM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 5 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Women’s Ministry Intern will report to the Women’s Lead: Erin Sanchez.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 8 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2022 - April 2023.
Additional Expectations: The Women’s Ministry Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours total per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.