SEPTEMBER 2022 - APRIL 2023
Reach Church is so excited to welcome a new cohort of Interns to the team. We cannot do what we do without the servant-hearted nature of its interns and volunteers — so that’s where you come in!
Who are you? Well, you’re currently college-aged or early post-grad, and have a love for Jesus, and a desire to glorify Him wherever you go. You are passionate, a creative problem solver, teachable, and quick to take ownership. You also have a desire to grow and learn alongside Jesus-loving individuals.
For those eager to learn, grow, and be developed, the Internship Program will provide holistic support through leadership and spiritual development alongside a cohort of like-minded interns. Drawing from the day-to-day life of a growing local church, interns will feel equipped and empowered to do what they are signing up to do! We’ll go on retreats, grow in our gifting, and have a ton of fun while we do it.
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
What do the Discipleship Intern Classes look like for this position?
Meeting Times: Thursdays, 5-6:30pm
The purpose of the Discipleship Class is to pour into and equip the cohort of interns with various support and growth opportunities. The 1st and 3rd Thursdays will focus on discipleship equipping, and the 2nd and 4th Thursdays will focus on fellowship.
1st + 3rd Thursdays Focus: discipleship equipping
- Spiritual Development: Kelsey Rutledge, Reach Staff, or an outside speaker will teach on a topic. Examples of Topics: Prayer, Spiritual Gifts, Names for God, Spiritual Temperaments, Prophetic Training, How to share the Gospel / Evangelism, Listening Prayer Training, Ways to live On Mission, Spiritual Warfare, Armor of God, etc.)
- Leadership Development: Kelsey Rutledge, Reach Staff, or an outside speaker will speak on a topic. (Examples of Topics: Conflict Management, Leading Meetings, Budgeting / Stewardship, What’s Your Story?, Cultural Intelligence Training, Active Listening Training, Health + Rest Rhythms, How to Combat “Burnout,” Top Values Inquiry, Relationships, Life Organization Strategies, etc.)
2nd + 4th Thursdays Focus: fellowship
- Fellowship: Interns will gather together to fellowship and spend time together. (Examples: Breaking bread together, having fun together, having a meal at a staff member's home, “What’s God teaching you in your ministry internship?", creating space to receive from God through worship, listening prayer, encouragement, and praying for one another, Reach, Seattle, World, etc.)
The Fine Print
Compensation: (NEW!) The Reach Interns will receive a small stipend for the duration of 8 months of the internship. We believe our staff’s personal and professional investment in interns is well worth the program you are committing to.
TOTAL COMPENSATION BREAKDOWN
- $1,000 stipend for 8 months (September 2022 - April 2023)
- $500 payments will be made in December + April upon completion of each semester in the internship.
Hours: The Reach Interns will work approximately 12-15 hours during the week, including Sunday mornings from 8:30AM to 1:00PM (depending on internship role).
TOTAL AVERAGE WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT
- 1.5 hrs/weekly - Discipleship Class
- 1 hr/bi-weekly - 1:1s (Team Lead Staff Support)
- 5.5 hrs/Sunday - 8:30am-1:00pm depending on role
- 1 hr/wk - Team Meeting (All Reach Staff)
- 3-5 hr/wk - Individual Project Work (dependent on internship)
- TOTAL: ~12-15 hours weekly
Oversight: Each intern will report to a Reach staff lead for support, supervision, and check-ins. We care about you as a whole person!
- 5 hrs/wk - Personal Devotions & Formation
- 3 days/fall + 3 days/winter - Community time (Retreat, etc.)
- 1 hr/2x semester - Check in with Kelsey Rutledge (Internship Director)
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities
- Passionate about serving, learning, and leading.
Experience & Education
- You are either currently in school, college-aged, or early post-grad.
- Depending on the internship role, we hope you have 1 year of volunteer or work experience based on the role.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously, but you take Jesus seriously.
- Eager to serve behind the scenes
- Desire to grow
- Willingness to take risks
- Able to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision-making.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the church
- Open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Overall Internship Responsibilities
- Commitment to show up early/on-time for meetings and gatherings
- Complete projects and assignments with excellence
- Commitment to invest in the intern program and grow in community with other interns in the cohort
- Attend and engage in weekly Discipleship Class + weekly Reach staff meetings
- Communicate proactively and honestly — we believe "clear is kind"
- Meet regularly with Reach Staff Leads and 2x semester with Kelsey Rutledge
- Serve on Sundays 8:30AM-1PM (may differ depending on your role)
Specific Internship Responsibilities