What would you say you do here?
Reach’s Executive Assistant (EA) + Office Manager will provide administrative, clerical, and logistical support ensuring all operational aspects of the Staff team and Reach HQ are handled with excellence and are functioning effectively in line with the vision for Reach. The EA will proactively anticipate needs and help organize priorities by providing a high level of support to the church’s leadership, especially the Executive Director and Pastor of Care. This organized individual will enable the staff they work with to focus on their priorities and enable them to work at a high level consistently.
The person will be one who thrives in and enjoys being a project liaison to a full schedule of deliverables, effectively communicates, and will work to display positivity, a problem-solving attitude, and encouragement to both the Reach staff and community.
This individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with a high level of discretion.
This position performs duties such as managing active calendars of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; coordination of meetings, various church events and conferences; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas for both Reach leadership and visiting guests to Reach.
The EA will report to the Executive Director and support the Pastor of Care. This is a part-time (20 hours/week minimum) to potentially a full-time position.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- A passion for solving problems, building processes, and creating awesome real-world experiences and events for people to encounter God.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- Able to build relationships with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations; recruits, equips, and empowers, both formally and relationally.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Ensures that all tasks are done correctly, thoroughly, and with precision.
- High Level of Discretion. Since the EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity is a must.
- Team Player. In addition to working directly with the Executive Director, the EA will also work with elders, board of directors and other staff. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a high level of support and professionalism.
- Anticipating Needs. It is important that the EA strives to anticipate needs, understanding their support role is crucial to their success and ability to make the greatest contribution to the organization.
- Proficient for Technology. EA will be a technologically savvy Mac user and willing to learn new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Monday.com, QuickBooks, etc.
Experience & Education:
- 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant and/or Office Manager.
- 3-5+ years of experience assisting executive level leaders as an Executive Assistant and/or Office Manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and viable transportation
- A commitment to the vision, mission, and statement of faith of Reach.
- A personal history of church involvement.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders. Living within character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Scheduling & Communication Management
- Support the Executive Director and Pastor of Care through the coordination of communication, management of meetings including preparing agendas, taking minutes, distributing action items, and arranging catering.
- Complex calendar management, scheduling, and possible travel related to work.
- Be highly relational and communicative on behalf of Reach leadership internally and externally.
- Email management for the Executive Director and Pastor of Care. Manage email triage and processing, and drafting email communication. Responsible for fielding and responding to inquiries or re-directing inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Attending in-person meetings multiple times per week and note taking. Prepare agendas, send notes and follow-ups from meetings, and help with follow through.
- Oversee designated budgets as needed and weekly expense reimbursement reporting.
Office Management & Event Planning
- In-office responsibilities and ownership – liaise with various office vendors/service providers.
- Varying professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to: troubleshooting technical issues, ordering supplies, shopping and/or ordering gifts/flowers etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Master Calendar in collaboration with ministry leads, and ensure event readiness at the office or other venues.
- Oversee the hospitality aspect as it relates to all meetings as assigned, including ordering and coordinating meals and cleanup.
- Assist with hosting and booking out of town guest accommodations and travel arrangements.
- Serve on a Sunday gathering team as needed.
- Support the communication and engagement with financial supporters to Reach.
- Assist with budget preparations and the compilation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.