What would you say you do here?
As the Reach Kids Coordinator, you will support the execution of fun, safe, and Gospel-centered Reach Kids Sunday gatherings. On a weekly basis, you will have the opportunity to care for volunteers, kids, and parents in a variety of ways. You will have a hand in curriculum preparation, managing the volunteer schedule, and coordinating logistics and service flow on Sunday mornings. You will play a key role in our mission of helping the kids of Reach to know Jesus, worship Jesus, make friends, and make a difference.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- Passionate about discipling kids.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Organized and able to help with administrative tasks.
- Confident leading volunteers of various ages and backgrounds.
- Able to provide consistency across bi-weekly teams.
Experience & Education:
- Experienced working with kids in either a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Experience leading teams or groups is a plus.
- Enjoys spending time with kids and is eager to set volunteers and Room Leads up for success.
- Teachable, Humble, Collaborative.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the church.
- Lives a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Sunday Gathering (5.5 hrs)
- Assist with Reach Kids set-up and tear-down each week.
- Function as the service coordinator at one service each week.
- Fill spots in classrooms, kids check-in, etc. as needed.
- Arrive at 7:30am to help with set-up, check in with the Kids Lead, and distribute curriculum materials.
- Touch base with Room Leads and volunteers prior to kids’ check-in.
- Manage service schedule and assist with needs that arise throughout the service.
- Assist with tear-down after the second gathering.
Midweek (3-5 hrs)
- Distribute digital curriculum to volunteers via weekly emails.
- Print and gather all materials and supplies needed for Sunday.
- Attend weekly Kids Team meetings.
- Attend weekly Reach Staff meetings (if possible).
- Ensure Reach Kids classrooms are well staffed by helping manage volunteer schedules.
- Assist with one volume curriculum prep day per trimester.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Reach Kids Coordinator will lead at one Sunday morning service on a weekly basis and work an additional 3-5 hours during the week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.
Oversight: The Reach Kids Coordinator will be supported by the Reach Kids Lead.