- Do you get excited about a powerful, balanced mix?
- Are you looking to gain experience with industry standard professional audio equipment in studio and live environments?
- Do you love to learn and continuously grow in your craft?
What would you say you do here?
The Reach Audio Intern helps ensure that everything Reach is doing sounds amazing! You are a Jesus-loving, technically-minded, and personable leader. In collaboration with the Audio Lead, you will facilitate weekly gatherings for our entire church of 500+ and smaller midweek gatherings. It is your responsibility to bring excellence and creativity to the audio production at Reach. This role may grow over time to include other responsibilities based on gifting, experience, and ministry needs.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- Passionate about the craft. Time spent creating a good mix or finding an interesting snare sound fills your bucket. You balance this passion with knowledge and respect of the team around you, and find ways to help others grow in their crafts.
- Loves solving problems and is comfortable troubleshooting complicated systems.
- Confident, self-starter and a team builder. Able to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision-making.
- Loves to learn and well receptive to encouragement and feedback
Experience & Education:
- 1 year of experience working in audio production, as a paid or volunteer leader.
- College aged or early post-grad aged
- Calm under pressure. You can work towards a solution without losing your cool.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the church.
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- Able to lead in relationship building with those around you.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
Become an Expert of Audio at Reach
- You’re an expert in all of our audio systems. You have a detailed understanding of the signal flow of audio through our FOH, Broadcast, and Office systems, and you feel confident that you could run a gathering with any of them.
- Take an attitude of constant learning and attention to the details of a mix or production.
- Partner with the Audio Lead to ensure the systems, practices and procedures of Reach are working as they should.
- Develop your ear to produce creative, clear, and full mixes. Use the technical knowledge you have to create something beautiful for God and our church to enjoy together.
Help Oversee the Volunteer Team
- Recruit, oversee, invest in, and develop our team of 70+ Kids volunteers. (With help from the Audio Lead and Worship Pastor)
- Look for opportunities to teach and encourage those on the Audio and Worship teams in helpful and appropriate ways
Get Experience Leading Events from the Console or Computer
- You are responsible for the broadcast mix each week. You set up and tear down the broadcast audio system. You mix with the intention of making someone feel they are actually in the room, no matter where they are listening.
- You work with the Audio Lead to handle all of the gatherings and events that take place throughout the week. Depending on availability and knowledge of the subject, you take the reins on gatherings for young adults, youth, lectures, conferences, and more!
The Fine Print
Hours: The Audio Intern will work 7:00AM to 1:00PM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 5 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Audio Intern will report to the Audio Lead.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 7 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2023 - April 2024.
Additional Expectations: The Audio Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.