- Do you love content management, and a well organized calendar?
- Do you love creative ways to inspire, encourage and teach people through media? Do you get inspired by well-crafted copywriting?
- Have you wanted to be part of a creative and collaborative environment, where we're always experimenting to up our game?
What would you say you do here?
The Communications Intern will play a vital role at Reach by moving forward our day-to-day mission: to Be the Church and Reach the City. People are at a service on Sunday for 1 hour a week—you help reach them during the other 167. Through managing the curation and execution of our communications calendar, and managing our email/website channels, you’ll carry out our Communication Team’s mission to equip disciples, connect people to community, and create good things that reflect a good God. You will grow in skills including calendar management, email marketing, copywriting and content strategy.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- You have an eye for special moments and stories. You know ‘human moments’ translate best to social media, and take the opportunity to capture them.
- You have a strong attention to detail and rarely need instruction twice. Few typos here. You check your work twice.
- You value simple, clear communication and not burying-the-lead.
- You love both art and order. You love to be creative and try new things to see what works. You pick up new skills quickly, and understand planning/strategy.
- You pursue a collaborative culture and are humble in both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- You are hard working and pursue excellence. You don’t leave a job unfinished, and are hesitant to settle for ‘good enough’. You don’t have a need to be the best, but you want to give your best.
- You are an owner of our church’s vision, and resonate with the culture and values of Reach Church.
Experience & Education:
- Ideally, you are pursuing an education or career field related to Communications/Marketing, etc.
- You can write stories and invitations compellingly and with clarity. We are looking for someone whose writing needs minimal editing.
- You are intuitive with technology and can easily pick up detailed digital workflows from written or video tutorials.
- Preferred: You have notable copywriting experience (email, captions, web, etc.)
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously. We rage against ego here! You find your identity in Jesus and are not insecure or easily offended.
- Your punctuality is a promise. You always show up on time and treat others’ schedules with honor.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
- Manage Reach's communications calendar. Partner with our Communications + Media Lead to prepare promotional campaigns, brainstorm storytelling initiatives, make improvements to our general strategy, and more.
- Populate and manage our Communications calendar in Notion. Strategically prioritize content in-line with our trimester communication plan (TCP). Prepare a posting calendar one month in advance, and gather and schedule content (media and copy) one week in advance.
- Execute on our brand through the day-to-day copywriting of email campaigns, video and announcement scripts, and more.
- Learn to edit photos using Lightroom and design graphics using Figma as needed.
- On Sunday mornings, help tell the story of our Sunday gatherings by capturing memorable moments and candid photos/videos for posting.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Communications Intern will work from 8:30AM to 11:00AM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 8 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Communications Intern will report to the Communications + Media Lead, Stephen Garcia.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 7 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2023 - April 2024.
Additional Expectations: The Communications Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.