- Do you love creative ways to inspire, encourage and teach people through social media?
- Are you well-versed in what's working and trending in the world of social media?
- Are you more inspired by meaningful connection and inspiration than going viral and increasing engagement?
- Have you wanted to be part of a creative and collaborative environment, where we're always experimenting to up our game?
What would you say you do here?
The Social Media Intern will play a vital role at Reach by moving forward our day-to-day mission: to Be the Church and Reach the City. People are at a service on Sunday for 1 hour a week—you help reach them during the other 167. Through our various social media, you’ll carry out our Communication Team’s mission to equip disciples, connect people to community, and create good things that reflect a good God. You will grow in skills including social media content curation/publishing, micro-storytelling, and post-calendar management. You’ll also gain general marketing experience, learning to represent the culture of an organization through learning our copywriting voice and content strategy.
The Right Fit
What qualities does a person in this position bring to the table?
Gifts and Abilities:
- You have an eye for special moments and stories. You know ‘human moments’ translate best to social media, and take the opportunity to capture them.
- You have a strong attention to detail and rarely need instruction twice. Few typos here. You check your work twice.
- You value simple, clear communication and not burying-the-lead.
- You love both art and order. You love to be creative and try new things to see what works. You pick up new skills quickly, and understand planning/strategy.
- You pursue a collaborative culture and are humble in both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- You are hard working and pursue excellence. You don’t leave a job unfinished, and are hesitant to settle for ‘good enough’. You don’t have a need to be the best, but you want to give your best.
- You are an owner of our church’s vision, and resonate with the culture and values of Reach Church.
Experience & Education:
- Ideally, you are pursuing an education or career field related to Communications/Marketing, etc.
- You can write stories and invitations compellingly and with clarity. We are looking for someone whose writing needs minimal editing.
- You are intuitive with technology and can easily pick up detailed digital workflows from written or video tutorials.
- Preferred: You are well-versed in social media. You have personal or professional experience with effective social media strategies, and you know a bit of what has always worked, and the state of what’s currently working in the world of socials.
- Preferred: You have experience creating and editing short-form video clips and know what works in today's world of video-first economy.
- Preferred: You have notable copywriting experience (email, captions, web, etc.)
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously. We rage against ego here! You find your identity in Jesus and are not insecure or easily offended.
- Your punctuality is a promise. You always show up on time and treat others’ schedules with honor.
Your Core Responsibilities
What does success look like for this position?
- Learn our voice and execute on our brand through our day-to-day content curation, creation and publishing of social media photo/video posts.
- Tell the story of our Sunday gatherings by capturing + posting memorable moments and candid photos/videos for posting on our social media. In real-time, edit service video recordings for posting clips, etc.
- Curate content for both the visual and written content used to tell stories of what God is doing at Reach. Learn to edit photos in Lightroom and design graphics using Figma as needed.
- Help brainstorm campaign ideas and make improvements to our general strategy.
The Fine Print
Hours: The Social Media Intern will work from 8:30AM to 11:00AM on Sunday mornings, and an additional 8 hours during the week.
Oversight: The Social Media Intern will report to the Communications + Media Lead, Stephen Garcia.
Compensation: $1,000 total stipend for 7 months (see Program Overview below for details).
Length of Internship: September 2023 - April 2024.
Additional Expectations: The Social Media Intern is expected to work an average of 12-15ish hours per week. Some weeks will be a bit more; some weeks will be a bit less.